Sunday, January 13, 2008

Long Run on Dead Presidents

Time: 110:50
Distance: 17 miles

I met Scotty D. for a run this morning around Norman. We had a little mix up at the start of the rut but were able to work things out. I took him on what is now being called Dead Presidents for the majority of our run. Once we got back onto Pickard the route deviated and headed across Lindsey so that more time could be added on. I felt pretty good out there. Tom wanted me to run the first 5-6 miles easy and then gradually pick up the pace. I tried to do that as much as possible while still running with a friend. The pace didn't get as swift as it would have if I were alone, but I will take company on a run any day. Scotty D. dropped me off back at Campus Lodge before swinging around to his place. He was trying to get in a good 20 miles.

Former teammate "Ridiculous" Nicholas Neely competed in the P.F. Chang's Rock 'N Roll Arizona Marathon & 1/2 Marathon today. Isn't that a mouthful of a name. Kind of like a mouthful of General Tsao's chicken. Nick competed well in his first 13.1 mile race finishing in 3rd place with a time of 1:10:28. Congrats to him. Results can be found here.

No comments: