Monday, January 7, 2008

Palm Springs Finale

Time: 68:21
Distance: 11+ miles
Map

Got out the door a little after 11:00 am on a run that took me out toward Indian Canyon. I ran as far as I could until they wanted $8 for entering the sacred grounds. I was trying to keep the pace as easy as possible in hopes of feeling good enough to do strides at the end of the run. Running out toward the canyon was a nice diversion b/c when I headed in to Palm Canyon it felt as if I had only been running for a couple miles. I decided to loop back in on Camino Real because it was familiar and I was feeling good. I continued on and finished like a did a few days ago. Overall the run was pleasant.

Got back to Deepwell Rd. and decided to do some drills and strides. I went through some basic stretches and exercises to loosen up. Then I ran 4 x ~150 meters. Not exactly sure on the distance but just chose a couple points on the street. I tried to mix things up by running various sections hard. On the first one I ran the last third hard, on the second the middle section, the third I focused on the first section, and the last stride I pressed the middle one. Went to the gym for some weights and abs.

No comments: