Friday, January 18, 2008

Trucked on the Track

Time: 47:09
Distance: ~7 miles

Some days just aren't meant to be. I woke up knowing I had a pretty decent workout on tap and that I going to have to run on the indoor track. I was feeling a little sluggish waking up but nothing major. I made my way out the door and headed on towards campus. I dropped my flats off at the track and finished my loop. Time was 25:39 by the time I ran a few laps on the indoor track. I did a little stretching and some drills.

Target: 4 x 500/500 in 1:25/1:18. Rest of 2 mins between 500s and 4 mins between sets. Then after 8th 500 run 1 x 300 in 43.
Actual: 1 x 200 in 30.97. 1 x 500 in 1:25.

Pretty pathetic right. Well, this time I have a legit excuse other than being a wuss. I got done with my first interval and an OU facilities worker starts opening the big tin door on the southwest side of the track. At first I was pissed that he was letting a bunch of cold air in. Then I was really pissed to learn that they would be working on the overhead lights of the backstretch. I didn't want to mess around with dodging a big ass truck so I decided to leave.

C/d home 21:13.

I guess I will have to workout this evening after work. Not thrilled about this idea. It would have been so nice to get the workout in this morning and be able to go home and relax with some beeeeers. Oh well. Those will just have to wait.

No comments: