Monday, January 14, 2008

Lloyd Noble

Time: 73:15 (not including strides)
Distance: 11 miles (~12+ including strides)

Today was a little different. Tom is keeping me on my toes. Not really. I was instructed to "run easy and do strides." Instead of having to stride on pavement I designed a different run, that wasn't really different at all. I first did a loop out by Irving (one similar to what the bus does), then I ran in towards campus and ran Lloyd Nobe ending at the track. That was a total of 50:02 at a fairly easy pace. I spotted Scotty D. around the corner of Jenkins and Lindsey but he opted to not come this time.

At the track I stretched a little, mainly the larger muscles. Did a few drills that I'm working into the routine. Then I ran 10 x 100 meter strides with the wind at my back. I wanted to feel as fluid as possible, so I ran down the home stretched and jogged back to the start. I wasn't pressing, simply working on turnover and form.

After the strides I looped back out onto Brooks and finished the run with 23:15 of easy jogging back to Campus Lodge. I ran in the normal route but turned just before the elementary school and ran the bus route in reverse. I stretched out a bit and did some abs.

Later in the day I got a chance to speak with Mr. Neil Hamel about his struggles of getting back into shape. I urged him to write about it and he has put together a blog for all of us to enjoy:
http://neilhamelbackontrack.blogspot.com/

No comments: