Saturday, July 31, 2010

24 Hours of Booty Loop Shakeout

Time: 35:01
Distance: 4.40 miles
Pace: 7:57
Map

I could not wake up this morning. I was drowsy despite getting proper rest last night. The workout was not going to go well even with the cups of coffee consumed being increased. I decided to hold off considering the temps were much lower than any other day in recent memory. It was a shame because I kept reading status updates all morning about how good people were feeling out on the trails and greenways.

I opted for a slow, short run from the house to Queens University where 24 Hours of Booty was being held. I wanted to see what the buzz was all about. There were quite a few bikers out on Queens Road at 9:30 am, but it wasn't packed. Booty Village also seemed pretty tame at that hour. I would imagine that it gets pretty ragey on Friday night if alcohol is allowed, but I could see them outlawing beverages of choice. I chatted it up with Jason "High Rise" Fish of Pura Vida Fitness fame, who had already completed 119 miles on three separate stints out on the course. His goal was to reach 200 miles in those 24 hours. Intense!

There really wasn't much going on that was going to keep me at the event so I moseyed on home. I would return later in the afternoon to watch George start the Re-Boot which is a shorter 2:00 to 7:00 pm shift. He was hoping to get in 100 miles in those 5 hours.

No comments: