Thursday, July 15, 2010

One Way Trip to Enterprise

Time: 35:20
Distance: 5.16 miles
Pace: 6:51
Map

The reason for being in San Francisco.

Badass Chrome bags.

My run this morning took me from the Castro (rainbow flags), through the Tenderloin (heroin needles), into the Financial District ($$$), and down to the Ferry Terminal (boats and water). I ran straight down Market St. and took in all the sights and smells that is San Francisco. It was good being back in the city (in my mind, "the city" will always be San Francisco) along a route I used to run when I returned for summer during my days at Brown. Once I hit the Presidio, I hooked a right which took me to the SF Giants stadium (who knows what it's called these days) and back in toward the Metreon where I picked up a rental car from Enterprise. Apparently it's a shit ton more expensive to rent a car in San Francisco than anywhere else in the world, at least Charlotte that is.

Looks like AT& T has naming rights these days.

Pimped out pad that I wish we still called home.

Once I was behind a wheel and drove back over to the hotel, showered and loaded up my stuff. My final destination on the day was Santa Rosa (hometown), but first I wanted to drop in to visit the Orthaheel USA headquarters just north of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was great meeting some of the people that I speak to on the phone and send orders to weekly. I wanted to put a name to the face and email which was the sole purpose of the visit. I don't think it hurt that I got to meet the chief operating officer either.

Glad I'm driving down and not running up.

I arrived in Santa Rosa (also the hometown of Julia Stamps, Sara Hall, Levi Leipheimer and Charles Schultz) late in the morning and had the opportunity to visit with my mom and family friends. It was weird being back in a city that is so big (population ~165,000), yet is so small (relatively little to do). I miss the runs in Annadel State Park where you can find trial after trail of hills, soft surface and gorgeous views. However, I'm glad that I don't live there currently, and like knowing I can always visit.

No comments: