Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Not a Good One

Time: 36:12
Distance: 5.36 miles
Pace: 6:45
Map

I felt terrible on my double run today. I was tired and breathing heavy from the start. I couldn't find the right rhythm at any point during the run. The splits at the end of the run were respectable and finally matched the effort that I was putting out.

Scott and I had a busy day visiting RFYL (Dilworth and Piper Glen), Charlotte Running Co. (north and south), and most importantly Boy Scouts of America. Who knew, but BSA are huge fans of Nuun. It makes sense because Nuun is portable, easily stored, lightweight and replaces the electrolytes lost on a hike. Nobody at Nuun had ever made contact with a Boy Scout and I was there just to see how the operation works. BSA operates 160 scout stores across the country that sell everything from rain jackets and badges to cast iron skillets and Nuun. It was an interesting business visit but very worth while.

1 comment:

Meagan Nedlo said...

"Nobody at Nuun had ever made contact with a Boy Scout..."

um, yeah, that's probably for the best.