Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week In Review

Time: 125:36
Distance: 27.06k

I bit the bullet this week and opted to take several consecutive days off. I only ran twice this week as a result of my nagging peroneal tendon. I did come to the conclusion that running 2:19 is possible based on my fitness level after only 6 decent weeks of training. I believe that I'm in better shape now than when I went out and ran 2:29 at Thunder Road a couple of years ago. That being said, I'm also on the verge of having to take lots of time off if my heel doesn't get better. What sucks is that the pain is similar to plantar fasciitis. It's uncomfortable but not excruciating. I can run on it but every step is just hindered and un-fun. I don't fear that I'll tear it or do any permanent damage so I continue to run with it. This week I opted to take a step back and see if 4 consecutive days off would be enough to just flush out the inflammation so that I can get back to work.

No comments: