Monday, August 1, 2011

In the South. Again.

Time: 82:45
Distance: 20.01k
Pace: 4:08

After returning around 11 am to Charlotte from the west coast, I had little interest to get out the door and run. Plus, I had to start firing off some emails to some of my stores. It wasn't until later in the evening when I got in my run around Myers Park. I had a goal of getting in 20k which included a few loops around the Earth Fare parking lot to complete the distance. Meagan, Caitlin, Kelly and Megan Fillnow and Mr. Allen "Road to Boston" Strickland were already present discussing the book Unbroken. (What is proper punctuation in a blog for books? Underline. "Quote." Color).

It was a good run that had me feeling good to be back in Charlotte. I was fortunate in that I got a relatively "cool" day as my introduction back in the south. I sweated quite a bit, but wasn't in danger of bonking like in previous runs. The book club was an interesting way to end the run. Honestly, however, I was more interested in being able to purchase a coconut water and a beer.

Happy days.

No comments: