Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week In Review

Time: 671:47
Distance: 152.33k

I got a little carried away being in "neener-neener" weather. Whatevah.

I was feeling good as a result of the dry air and the familiar trails. I know that it is not realistic to maintain these numbers once I return to Charlotte, but it definitely was a nice change of pace. I am definitely pleased at where I am in terms of my comeback, though there is a ton of work to be done. I hope to continue to log kilometers and introduce some workouts in August. I am waiting on a training plan from my former teammate at Brown, Jeff Gaudette, who now operates an online training service called Premier Coaching Online.

I used June to very slowly get back into putting time on the feet. The only goal was to run healthy again. July was dedicated to building some distance and some fitness without worrying about having to do workouts. August will be focused on getting back into race shape. During September I'll start to race again. October and November... who knows?

...And MRN says I don't like to plan in advance. That'll teach her.

No comments: