Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Chattahoochee River Run

Time: 68:00
Distance: 15.10k
Pace: 4:30

Meagan and I traveled to Atlanta yesterday for separate but similar reasons. She is preparing for meetings with Big Peach Running Co. and I was off to introduce myself to a couple retailers I think would be a good fit for Gore Running Wear. Since Meagan is taking a down week (*gasp) and a day off today (*double gasp), I was off to the river on my own. I initially parked on the North Riverside but found the trail un-runnable for what I was trying to accomplish (not twisting an ankle or getting scraped by overgrown branches).

After running about 5k, I returned to the parking lot and drove up Columns Dr. where the houses are the size of castles. I had never parked on this side of the trail, but had run past the parking lot numerous time. I was back on the familiar crushed gravel where everyone who's anyone comes to run at least twice a week. There were a ton of high schoolers out getting in summer mileage and dozens of parents walking with dogs.

I wasn't feeling great due to the heat when some kid came flying past me which only crushed my spirits. I had no response for a jogger war and just let him run off. Perhaps tomorrow I'll feel refreshed and ready to challenge the youngsters.

No comments: