Thursday, July 28, 2011

Double Run Home

Time: 29:27
Distance: 6.58k
Pace: 4:28

My mom and I went to the Starbucks in Bennett Valley this evening to jump on our computers. I had a little work to get caught up on and she has taken a liking to liking anything I do on Facebook. It's awesome. Unfortunately, the shop only stayed open until 7 pm at which point we were asked leave by a former classmate of mine from elementary school. I vaguely remember her, but she is getting married in a month.

Once leaving I slipped on my shoes and opted to run home. I was looking to get in some extra distance and I figured it would be about 6k home. I was a little off in my estimate and I had to add on through Howarth Park which only allowed me to catch up with Greg Fogg. I actually saw Coach Fogg on my run this morning helping one of his athletes at Maria Carrillo with a tempo run. Greg is the co-owner to my high school coach's running store in Santa Rosa. I told him about the items I left and said I had a few more for him to put in the school's trophy case.

It was good to shake out the legs this evening on a flat surface. I didn't have to climb or brake on any descent which has made my quads really sore. By the time my body is adjusted to the California terrain it will be time for me to head home.

No comments: