Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week in Review

Time: 519:59
Distance: 112.62k

I continue getting in runs pushing me over the 100k per week mark. My fitness is still a long ways off from where I would like it to be, but I'm running healthy. Well, mostly healthy. My upper left hamstring/adductors are still a litte tight and my right shin is a bit sore. However, both are only minor issues at this point which allow me to build my aerobic base.

It was good getting in the workout on Saturday although I remember why I didn't run tempos last summer. The heat makes it absolutely unbearable to run intervals over 10 minutes. I did enjoy running barefoot and doing strides at Davidson on Sunday. Ideally, I could keep that up a couple of times a week in order to strengthen the feet and shin muscles.

Next week should be more of the same.

No comments: