Sunday, July 24, 2011

Charlotte Long Run

Time: 78:56
Distance: 17.76k
Pace: 4:26

Since I got home relatively late last night I wasn't up for meeting people to run at McMullen or McAlpine. I went out to run a little later than planned as I was packing up for my trip out to California. The run was uneventful, but I was happy with it. I managed the heat pretty well today and never felt like I was overheating as I did on a couple of runs earlier this week.

Upon returning home I had to rush to get some clothes washed and hurry off to the airport. Or so I thought. As I was walking through security I got an automated voice call that informed me my flight was canceled. I would be booked on a flight leaving at 7 pm for an arrival at SFO at midnight. Thanks Delta. After getting someone on the phone, I was rebooked on a flight at 5:30 pm which meant I could have Meagan come get me from the airport. I spent three relaxed hours at home before returning to the airport and leaving for the west coast.

Just before leaving the house I texted my family in Cincinnati saying I had a 2 hour layover in the evening. They were able to make the drive down and, despite the visit being short, it was great.

Big bro and lil' sis.

No comments: