Sunday, July 17, 2011

Salem Lake Long Run

Time: 122:10
Distance: 26.21k
Pace: 4:39

Meagan and I were graciously hosted by Rich Brandon who works at Fleet Feet Winston-Salem. He and I stayed up way too late sipping lime/cucumber vodka tonics which meant we were not going to be at Salem Lake at 7:30 am.

When we finally headed out the door it was about 9:30 am and the weather was pretty ideal for North Carolina in July. The clouds were out and blocking the sun, but it was still a little humid. We ran from downtown Winston-Salem, through Old Town over to a bike bath that goes directly to Salem Lake. Once at Salem Lake we ran once around and then headed back home.

Rich misjudged the distance on how long it took to get to the lake which meant my 13 mile run turned into a 16+ or however many 26.21k is. I was tired but feeling good at the end of 2 hours of running. Meagan, Rich and I had some good conversations out on the run which made the distance not seem so daunting.

No comments: