Monday, July 25, 2011

Neener-Neener

Time: 82:27
Distance: 19.01k
Pace: 4:20

Here is the obligatory neener-neener post where I get to brag about how nice the weather is in California and sucks where you live (unless you live in California). I actually despise it when bloggers do that because, frankly, I don't care. My dad likes to boast about the San Diego weather all the time so I just reiterate the fact that he's a wuss.

Yes, I'm in California. Yes, the weather here is nice. Yes, I went on an amazing run this morning in San Rafael. Was it the best run in the whole world? No.

The most remarkable thing about today's run was the climb. I haven't climbed like this is months. I started out from the Four Points Sheraton where I was staying for the Orthaheel sandal sales conference and ventured off to the Sleepy Hollow Open Space Reserve. It wasn't as scary as it might sound. I found the area on my phone and it looked like there might be some trails up in them hills (didn't find any gold).

I was happy to be back on California dirt running up in the hills, but my legs are not used to the 10+ minute sections of straight climbing. I rarely tell my audience to check out the Garmin map, but please do so. Look at the elevation profile for the run. It wasn't quite as extreme as The Bear, however, I did manage to climb from essentially sea level to 273m in less than 4k. I ended up utilizing most of the trails and then popped out on the roads for the last half of the run which I did through some of the neighborhoods.

I made it back to the hotel just in time to watch the Harley-Davidson convention leave the hotel and have them gawk at my sweet shorts. I grabbed a quick breakfast and was off to meetings all day about how Orthaheel is going to take over the sandal world in 2012.

The evening ended with a dinner at the Carneros Inn out in Napa. Yes, it was nice. Yes, the views were amazing. Yes, the food was delicious.

Neener-neener.

No comments: