Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Baby Steps

Time: 38:06
Distance: 5.30 miles

This blog is starting to look pretty lame as I have run the same route multiple times this week. Usually, I like to mix things up and get some miles out at McAlpine or run over to Myers Park High School, but I am still in the recovery phase. If I'm only going to run five miles, then I don't see the need to drive 15-20 minutes out to McAlpine. I'd rather save the gas money and keep Al Gore happy by running from home.

Each run is better than the previous as my legs are slowly regaining strength from the marathon. I'm really pleased at how the body has responded post-race. I was a little worried that Thunder Road would alter my training significantly by me needing to take several days off to recover. Luckily, that hasn't been the case and I will continue to run easy until I feel confident that I can start hammering away.

No comments: