Friday, December 4, 2009

Blew My Brains Out

Time: 63:18
Distance: 10.33 miles
Pace: 6:07
Map

You ever have one of those really satisfying sneezes where it feels like total relief and relaxation has been achieved? What about experiencing a similar effect when you blow your nose? This morning I had one of the grossest, but most successful nose blows on the run. It felt like the snot was coming from the back side of my brain. Seriously. That's the only way I could describe the sensation. I am almost certain that the swine flu left my body with a couple of powerful snot rockets.

I hope you weren't eating anything while reading that. I promise not to be nasty the rest of the post. I felt like running a little harder this morning so I ventured out the door wearing a pair of flats. I toyed with the idea of doing a fartlek, but thought better of it. I simply let the pace drop as my body became more relaxed over the course of the run. My splits were: 6:57, 6:33, 6:15, 6:09, 6:11, 6:02, 5:59, 5:59, 5:45, 5:39.

No comments: