Sunday, December 27, 2009

Prior to the Aerial Tramway

Time: 43:03
Distance: 6.01 miles
Pace: 7:09
Map

We had to fit this morning's run in before I cooked breakfast (flapjacks) and going to the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway. Meagan has begged for someone to take her to the top ever since she started coming to the desert. I've refused because my two previous trips were enough. Now that the Nedlos were in town, Meagan found someone to take her to the top of the mountain and I felt it necessary to play host and tag along.

Standing in front of the old tramway cars that didn't rotate.

Being transported to the top in the new rotating tramway cars.

Snow and elevation at the top. I should have bought a coffee to boost my EPO production.

Overlooking the desert from the top of a snowy mountain.

You don't find pine trees in the desert and there aren't any cacti on the mountain.

I couldn't find the motivation to run in the afternoon so I relaxed and watch football.

*photos courtesy of Meagan Nedlo

No comments: