Saturday, December 26, 2009

Calorie Burner

Time: 43:17
Distance: 6.01 miles
Pace: 7:11
Map

Last night my pops outdid himself with a Christmas dinner for the ages. I was still full when I woke up and went for a morning run with Meagan around Palm Springs. I have been in the mood for doing something a little harder to stretch out the legs, so I wanted to run easy this outing. I know when it's time to get back to training when I feel like stepping on the track to run long strides or a short workout. This morning served to get the body back in motion.

Back to the food...

The dinner party (not the movie) started with hors d'oeuvres and champagne (not Andre) in the early evening. The drink was stellar and snacking was great, but the meal itself was top notch. We started with a light salad featuring pomegranate, gorgonzola cheese and almond slivers. Following was prime rib, mashed potatoes, green beans along with peppers and almonds, rolls and Texas wine courtesy of the Nedlos. (I'm trying to make this quick and in doing so, I'm not giving each dish its proper accolades). Everyone was sated but dessert in the desert had to be served. Cheesecake sent from Laura's in Mt. Pleasant, TX made an appearance, as did coffee from Koffi. The food and company made for a great end to the day.

Needless to say, the run was very casual in the morning.

No comments: