Sunday, December 13, 2009

Week in Review

Time: 560:55
Distance: 84 miles

The accumulation of miles over the months and years of training allowed me to run sub-2:30 yesterday. It was definitely unexpected but I know the dedication out on the roads allowed me to accomplish such a feat. Since winning Charlotte's Thunder Road Marathon I have slowly started receiving a few emails of welcome and congrats. The biggest honor has been the write up on Théoden Jane's blog. I was able to share my impression of the race and it was posted for all to read.

I discovered Mr. Jane's blog a short time after moving here to Charlotte and loved that someone at the Charlotte Observer was covering the local running scene. I was impressed to see how many local races there were available each weekend. It also should be noted that Mr. Jane is the entertainment editor at the paper, so when he drops a reference to Montell Jordan, I shouldn't be surprised. How could you not follow a blog which recaps local races and quotes one-hit-wonder hip-hop/r&b artists from the mid-90's?

I leave you with this...



1 comment:

ARE said...

this is how we do it! hell yes. i had a tape cassette with that song. so tight.

jokin, congratulations on the win and the fast time. that's super exciting! keep up the good work.

alex!