Monday, December 28, 2009

Running in Balboa Park

Time: 55:05
Distance: 8.28 miles
Pace: 6:39
Map

My dad, Meagan and I arrived in San Diego right around noon. We immediately made a stop at Einstein Bros for lunch and then spent the rest of the afternoon doing our individual tasks. I worked on setting up store appointments, my dad bought a tv and Meagan was probably reading. That bookworm has finished nearly half a dozen books since she's arrived in California. No book is safe from her nerdy mission of becoming the smartest person in the world. She's perhaps the female equivalent of A.J. Jacobs who once read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica from A to Z. However, he writes books about it and gets paid. He's also a Brown graduate which means he's already one level above Meagan in terms of intelligence. Though, you can't knock Meagan for trying.

Before the sun went down I was able to get out the door with the braniac in toe. We took a spin through Balboa Park and then I finished up solo. The run was good and I'll be interested to see if we can find the Footlocker course tomorrow with Graddy.

No comments: