Friday, December 18, 2009

Best Weather Ever

Time: none
Distance: none

I opted out of a run today because the weather wasn't conducive to running comfortably. If I hadn't just run Thunder Road I may have ventured out into the storm, but since I have the luxury of taking some downtime, I decided to stay in bed. I'm now looking over my shoulder and can see Allen Strickland running me down.

I spent the day driving around Charlotte visiting Omega Sports stores. I was supposed to have BalegaGirl along, but the weather prevented her from driving down from Hickory. I saw the Huntersville, Rivergate, and Arboretum locations for the first time. I was impressed with their shoe wall as Omega stocks many of the same brands and models carried by run specialty accounts. Furthermore, I'm confused as to why a run specialty account would stock apparel that is being sold around the corner for much much less. For instance, a Brooks Podium shirt is being offered at Omega for $15 when MSRP is $28. You know what that is... a helluva deal.

I wrapped up the day at the Park Road Shopping Center near my house. I had a good conversation with the Omega district manager who was excited to see a rep from Fuel Belt and Balega. I managed to arrive home just as the weather turned nasty and I was glad to be off the roads. I think the Karhus will be laced up tomorrow.

No comments: