Monday, December 14, 2009

Gentle Shuffle

Time: 41:55
Distance: 5.30 miles

I was able to run with Meagan for a few miles after she got off work. I had a slow start to the day, but gradually became less sore as afternoon rolled around. When I dropped Meagan off at RFYL I saw a much more relaxed Tim Rhodes who was giving out high fives and chatting with customers. I also met Raul who helped time the race on Saturday. Raul knows my boss, Paul, from living in Texas and being connected to the running scene.

When it was time to jog I let my body tell me if I could go five miles. I felt pretty good by mile two and had a good time recapping parts of the race to Meagan. It's about time that I sit down and do some searching of the intertubes for a race early next year. I need to give the half marathon another crack and would like to run a fast 10k on the roads.

2 comments:

mainers said...

a bunch of us are planning to hit this Half in Feb...

http://www.columbiahalfmarathon.com/

Anonymous said...

Decided Thursday to run the marathon on Saturday and run a 2:29?! Dude, that's just sick.