Sunday, December 20, 2009

Taking a Zero

Time: none
Distance: none

I had an early morning flight from Charlotte to Chicago which meant no running beforehand. The weather worries on the east coast were playing havoc on flights arriving at O'hare. The flight Meagan and I were supposed to be on was delayed several hours but I finagled our way on to an earlier flight. In getting to LAX, Meagan and I had plenty of time to make our flight to Palm Springs which was going to be a problem had we stayed on the original flight out of Chicago even before the delay. The final leg was in a crop dusting express plane that managed to get over the San Jacinto mountains with a few thousand feet to spare. A little under of 12 hours of travel later, we were in Palm Springs without the luggage but happy to be in warm weather. The bags arrived a little after 9 pm and I was already passed out in bed.

No comments: