Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Charlotte Running Club Run

Time: 51:44
Distance: 6.82 miles
Map


Meagan was calling me crazy after this one. I got up around 5:30 to start getting ready to meet with a group of runners from the Dowd YMCA. The running buzz here in Charlotte is all about the Charlotte Running Club. A few other local bloggers have profiled the group so I won't repeat what they already have documented. It was my first time meeting with the group mainly because they run so damn early. Why get up to run at 6 am when you can run on your own at 9 am? Most of the members work in Uptown for banks or insurance groups and have to be done when I would usually be getting started. Anyway, I wanted to give this thing a try.

The run was led by Aaron Linz who made sure everyone knew the loop. I was content to run along in the group of eight runners. I had a pleasant time minus the rain, cold and darkness. I'm not committing to meeting every week because 6 am is a rough start, but I do like knowing it's an option.

2 comments:

Aaron Linz said...

Thx for making it out. I absolutely hated the 6am thing when I got going with it but it truly gets easier...However...if you don't have to get up that early then I am jealous! Catch us on some weekend runs. We need some folks with your kind of wheels to push us so would love to have you join us some more. Happy Holidays.

Unknown said...

thanks for making it! i didn't even make that run! i'm enjoying reading your blog. wish i had known about it sooner - but it will definitely give me something to do while i'm bored at work over the holidays. :o) you should join us at least on our weekend runs and you should try to link up with us for some of our team races - we're doing cherry blossom ten miler and might have an open spot....