Sunday, December 27, 2009

Fairway Workout

Time: 38:34
Distance: 5.50 miles

W/u: 15:14 for 2.01 miles
W/o: 6 x fairway with short jog
C/d: 7:49 for 1.o mile

I stated in an earlier post that it's time to start running a bit harder when I start to feel like doing long strides. Originally, I wanted to go to Palm Springs High School and run a few 2-hundos on the track, but Meagan wanted to run on the golf course. I figured I could just to long strides on the fairways and not have to worry about hitting splits.

I warmed up to a portion of the course furthest south and then I selected my route. I was going to run a short loop and do pick-ups on the fairway. Each uptempo section was probably around 275 to 290 meters and I hit splits of:

47.89 for .17, (1:24), 50.28 for .18, (:52), 47.91 for .18, (1:40), 45.40 for .17, (1:27), 46.08 for .18, (:55), 47.20 for .19.

Meagan commented on how hard I was breathing at the end of the workout and it's definitely the fastest that I've run in a few months. It was nice to stretch out the legs and focus on turnover this evening. I kept focused on my form and arm carry that tends to break down when the body gets tired. I was meaning to incorporate some more speed and hill sprints into my training during the final few weeks of the year, but I got sick and then ran a marathon which interrupted organized training. Coach Jeff will be getting me some workouts and a schedule soon though.

No comments: