Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Minutes on the Feet

Time: 30:18
Distance: ~4 miles

I put in a few miles around Balboa Park this evening. I had forgotten at how low the airplanes fly overhead as they approach the San Diego airport. It's so low that if you had a tennis racquet and ball, I bet you could serve one up to the pilot. That's completely hypothetical of course as I wouldn't want to create a Sully Sullenberger experience on the west coast.

I felt miserable this run because for lunch Meagan and I met one of her friends from TCU. Amy, a cop in Chula Vista, knew of a good Mexican restaurant right around the corner from my dad's place. Ortega's had a great carnitas dish that I devoured along with a healthy dose of chips. I was still full four hours later when I was out on the roads. My iron stomach was cracking a bit under the pressure.

Oh, one last snipe at Meagan. Remember all those books she has read this vacation? Well they haven't increased her trivia skills one bit. I dominated her in a came of Trivial Pursuit (Genus Edition). I filled out my little pie holder while she managed to get one piece in hers. Meagan threatened to walk out a couple of times during the competition, but I promised her a quick execution if she retook her seat. Either Meagan is just looking at the words and turning pages, or she's "reading" the wrong books.

1 comment:

Meagan Nedlo said...

speaking of pie holders, you certainly don't know when to shut yours...