Friday, March 5, 2010

Best Run in Weeks

Time: 36:11
Distance: 5.41 miles
Pace: 6:42

I gave my leg a proper amount of time after waking up to get warmed up. I was sure to massage my lower leg with both my hands and a roller to increase blood flow prior to the run. I had my best run in a couple of weeks as the achilles felt nearly 100 percent. A couple of times during the run I completely forgot about the niggle and just ran. During previous days, I have my good steps and my bad steps with my left leg. Sometimes I feel the discomfort and other toe offs I don't.

This was the most encouraging run too because while two weeks is not an ideal amount of time to take off from training seriously, it's not the much time at all. I can tell my legs and body is general is really fresh and wants to run faster, but I have to consciously slow down. I even had some thoughts about signing up for the Corporate Cup that is tomorrow, but thought that might be a bit much. However, I did test the achilles with a few strides on a side street just to see how much force I could apply at toe off.

When I got home I was sure to repeat my massage, stretching and icing routine.

No comments: