Saturday, March 6, 2010

Short Update

Time: 51:37
Distance: 7.04 miles
Pace: 7:20

I ran with Meagan and Ben Hernandez this morning from our place. We headed down into Freedom Park at a nice easy pace. Once in the park Meagan needed to do an uptempo section for 2 miles and I joined her. The change in pace felt good, though my legs weren't used to running fast. Or running at all for that matter.

I really need to go back and recap the last couple of weeks while I've been dealing with this achilles niggle. I will say that this was my best run in two weeks in terms of feeling the least amount of discomfort. I also didn't have a chance to properly warm up the surrounding muscles before leaving to run which tells me the achilles is almost better. I wish I could have been out racing the Corporate Cup or the Reedy River Run this morning. I'm not even sure what the plans for the marathon are at this point.

No comments: