Sunday, March 14, 2010

Week in Review

Time: 545:19
Distance: 74.58

I got back on the horse this week and logged some pretty decent mileage. I had no idea what my totals were going to be at before just adding everything up. My fitness aerobically is still where it needs to be in order to run a solid marathon. I don't think that the 2:20-2:22 that I was gearing for will be possible. I do believe that I can go out and run a PR/PB in a week.

I'm registered for the Tobacco Road Marathon. The manager over at Inside-Out Sports in Charlotte, Melissa Bell, came through big time. She put me in touch with the race directors and they got me into the race late in the game. I hear the weather might be poor which is a bit of a concern because most of the race is on dirt. The softer surface will definitely be easier on the legs, but a wet and soft surface might shake things up a bit.

Next week's training shouldn't be too crazy as I'll taper a little. My guess is that I'll have about 50-60 miles on the legs going into the race on Sunday. The goal now is to get the quads recovered in the next few days.

No comments: