Thursday, March 4, 2010

Still Frustrated

Time: 35:53
Distance: 5.27 miles
Pace: 6:48

This wasn't a particularly good run here in Charlotte. I gave my body a good amount of time to wake up before going on my run. I felt fine for the first 20 minutes and didn't notice the achilles that much. Then for the next 5 minutes I think the discomfort slowly increased to a slight pain, but didn't get any worse. At one point I thought I was going to have to stop because I was noticing the achilles more and more, but I kept focused on my foot plant and the pain subsided.

I'm going on about day 10 of this achilles nonsense and I really thought I had caught it early enough so that it wouldn't wreak havoc on my training. That certainly has not been the case. I'm still fit, but the mind is having it's doubts.

My days of complete rest don't seem to help the healing process significantly. I try not to take many as I think the increased blood flow during exercise actually helps injuries like the achilles. Obviously, you can't train as fast or go nearly as far, but using the muscles around the injured area will hopefully produce quicker results.

No comments: