Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Meagan's Blogging Intervention

Okay, it's time someone staged an intervention, and it looks like that responsibility falls on me. This is Meagan, the beautiful, talented, brilliant, beautiful girlfriend of your beloved blogger JoKin, and I'm here to stop the insanity and post a long-awaited update on Jordan's behalf. That's right, I've commandeered this blog for at least the next five minutes.

The truth is--and trust me, this sentence sounds strange to my own ears--Jordan's been incredibly smart over the past week. His Achilles hasn't been feeling 100%, so instead of being stubborn and pushing through he has forced himself to get plenty of rest. If this means falling asleep on the couch for a mid-afternoon nap, so be it. If it involves playing "Modern Warfare 2" for hours on end instead of heading outside for a run, that's the price that must be paid. Life can be so hard sometimes.

In all seriousness, he has been doing the right things, everything from contrast bathing to pool jogging to massaging with a variety of lubes unparalleled this side of the Uptown Cabaret. His body seems to be feeling better every day, and I have no doubt that he'll be back on his feet and overtraining again in no time at all. If anything, this time off should preserve his legs and keep them fresh for the upcoming race (for proof that this style of buildup works for JoKin, see his "training" leading up to the Oklahoma City and Charlotte marathons). I think this whole thing could be a blessing in disguise.

So friends, family members, fellow runners and followers of the sport, I urge you to send positive thoughts and well wishes in Jordan's direction. His spirits could use a boost. An injured Jordan is a grumpy Jordan, and I don't think I can deal with this for much longer. Thanks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Meagan,
Thanks for the intervention.  I've been wondering what's been going on.  I mean, how am I supposed to vicariously live the life of an elite runner without Jordan's blog?

Jordan,
Hang in there man.  Sounds like you're doing the right thing.  Be cool.  Be like Fonzie (unless a pool of sharks is involved).  Nobody ever won a marathon with a blown achilles. Heal up and come back with a vengeance.