Monday, March 22, 2010

Let Me Run

Time: 65:04
Distance: 8.83 miles
Pace: 7:22
Map

It was the start of the Let Me Run program this afternoon at the Park Road Montessori School near Freedom Park. I volunteered to coach a small group of 4th and 5th graders with Melissa Bell who is the manager of the Inside-Out Sports store in Charlotte. The program is going to be a lot of fun and today's lesson kicked things off well.

Earlier in the day I agreed to meet Caitlin and Jay from the Dowd YMCA for a run. When Jay showed up I was a little surprised to find out that they were planning on running 10 miles. I really only wanted to do 5 or 6 at a really easy pace. Since I was along for the ride, I didn't complain. The legs were a little sore, but not horrible. I really think jumping in the pool post-marathon helped the legs recover a tremendous amount. Also, the pounding on the Tobacco Trail certainly saved the legs a bit.

I wrapped up the run when Jay and I got back to the YMCA. He added on a few more miles while I opted to head home.

No comments: