Saturday, March 27, 2010

Caitlin's Workout Partner/Bitch

Time: ~72 mins
Distance: ~11.08 miles

Since Meagan is out on the west coast chasing a fast 10k time at Stanford, I decided to be another good female runner's workout bitch. Caitlin was doing a workout to get her ready for the Cherry Blossom 10 Miler. Her goal was to run hard for about an hour. Pace was to vary between 6:10 and 6:30. This is what she had to say about the workout.
Made the times, but felt absolutely horrible through miles 4-6. My quads felt like shit the entire time and I thought that I was going to stop after six miles. Luckily, Jordan was pacing me so I did not want to stop because of that and because I got everything back under control

we didn't really warmup just ran into wasnt planning on this but whatever. started at main, went to lower boyce, then came back on the straight away, ran to 4 mile mark (that is where i felt the worst), turned around, calmed myself down and slowed my breathing down, ran back onto the course and on the back loop.
1 - 640
2 - 612
3 - 613
4 - 606 no wonder why i felt so horrible
5 - 614 crap
6 - 611 felt like crap
7 - 620 calmed down
8 - 613 made mental effort to stop thinking about quads
9 - 608
didn't get the last half mile. probably about the same pace.

cooled down a whopping 12 minutes and did not need any more. i owe jordan a beer or three
I stole all that from a quick sign up on Athleticore. I'm unfortunately not going to use the site. Instead I'll just keep track of who is running fast. I forgot Mr. Garmin at home so I didn't have much of an idea of the pace during the workout. I tried to keep things honest and would back off if I felt like Caitlin was struggling. She hung tough in what turned out to be a pretty good workout.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

perfect title. thanks, man.

Unknown said...

Now that there is a possibility my athleticore log will be posted, I am going to make a conscious effort to make the logs more coherent. Oops....