Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tired Morning Legs

Time: 40:04
Distance: 5.52 miles
Pace: 7:15
Map

I woke up early and drove over the the Dowd YMCA in hopes of running with the Charlotte Running Club crew. Nobody showed up. Well, almost no one as I would later learn a guy named Jason was there. We waited around and then Tim Rhodes of RFYL fame arrived to run with a buddy. I nearly ran with Tim and his friend, but they were taking too long with some light stretching in the hallway. I tried to catch Jason who left a few moments before I decided to forgo the run with Tim, but my legs weren't going to speed up.

I jogged around the neighborhoods and Freedom Park for a little over 5 miles. I never felt great, but the achilles never hurt. I'm running a track workout this evening with Jay Holder in order to evaluate whether or not running a marathon next weekend would be a wise decision.

No comments: