Sunday, March 7, 2010

Trying to Run Long

Time: 73:57
Distance: 10.28 miles
Pace: 7:11
Map

I tried to run long this morning with Meagan before she headed out west to New Mexico. I made it the full distance, but didn't feel fantastic. I was somewhat hesitant about my calf/achilles that is still slightly irritated. I took it nice and easy on the hill at McAlpine trying not to dorsiflex too much. This was one of those runs where you're so focused on the afflicted area that you don't really enjoy being out on a beautiful day. I was too concerned with each step of my left foot and whether or not the pain was getting better or worse. Some steps felt good and there was little to no discomfort, while other steps felt iffy and I was worried the achilles was tightening up.

When I finished the run and got back to the Old Bell parking lot I was sure to stretch the calf really well and massage my leg with a roller. I then strapped on a big one. A bag of ice that is in order to reduce some of the swelling.

I continued to ice, stretch, massage, stick and ice throughout the day. I don't think the run set me back at all which I can take to mean that the leg is healing.

No comments: