Monday, December 27, 2010

Cold Mason, OH Morning

Time: 70:42
Distance: ~9.5 miles

After having taken a few days off last week to allow for my achilles to recover, I felt it necessary to get back into a routine. I was up early enough to stretch and stick the leg in preparation for a run with Meagan. I wasn't sure how far I was going to to run, but I wanted to start the week off in the right direction. We ran around a few of the neighborhoods, near the tennis complex and through a few parking lots.

My achilles was only slightly noticeable during the run. It never really tightened up, but it also never got to the point where the discomfort was gone. Upon returning back home the achilles almost immediately started to give me problems. There was more pain developing throughout the day, but I was able to ice and massage at various points. The good news is that there isn't any significant swelling at the attachment. The 70 minutes of running was definitely a bit ambitious but the conversation was good and I wanted to be out in the cold.

No comments: