Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Ice Cold MAC

Time: 59:57
Distance: 8.75 miles

I met up with Aaron Linz at the Mecklenburg Aquatics Center for a few miles along the second half of the Thunder Road course. Originally Caitlin and I were going to run, but something came up and Aaron was able to step in. The temperature was quite low despite the sun being out. I opted to wear shorts just to see how cold running in 30 degree weather would be if that were the case on Saturday. It really wasn't that bad but I still want it to be in the 40s.

I was planning to get some more miles in this evening, but the TNT event at Fleet Feet Huntersville boasted some good pizza, beers and chocolates. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snag a free dinner while chatting with prospective marathoners for the leukemia and lymphoma society. The other big perk of attending the meet and greet was the masseuse on hand. She worked my upper back that has been tight for a few weeks now. I must have been tight because she asked me several times if I cross train or swim. Nope on both. Just running here.

No comments: