Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Real Athletes with James Haycraft

Time: 61:14
Distance: ~8.6 miles

I got a text from Mr. Haycraft yesterday asking if I wanted to go for some morning miles. We started the run from my place and I showed him where legends are made on the Medium Loop. James tried to follow the official Booty Loop route, but I was sure to explain the "real man" long way. How come triathletes are always looking for the shortcut with their compression gear, carbon this, aero that?

The run was great despite another cold day in the Q City. We were both layered up nicely with some of the freshest threads you can find. I wore a new pair of GORE gloves and a goofy ass GORE pseudo-hat/beanie that came in the mail yesterday. James sported a quality Louis Garneau vest and some sleek orange shades. We looked like two clowns but at least we were warm when the wind wasn't blowing. How's that for alliteration!?

By the end of the run we were clicking off sub-7 minute pace and called it a day with about an hour of running on the legs. He ran off to Bicycle Sport and I geared up for run number two in less than 90 minutes.

2 comments:

Stanfords said...

It's called tapering. Ever heard of it?

Kidding aside, tear it up this weekend. Should be a great race!

Brad Farmer said...

lol agreed^. Good luck this weekend!