Monday, December 6, 2010

Layered Up to Run

Time: 80:17
Distance: 11.39 miles
Pace: 7:02
Map

I've gotten soft. Not soft in the middle like Ozzie, but soft when it comes to running in the cold. It was around 32 degrees this morning when I got out the door but the wind chill made the "real feel" closer to 25. It's a good thing that I have the hook up on nice winter apparel because I couldn't imagine wearing some shoddy sweatpants and baggy jacket to run in. This morning I busted out a Craft baselayer top that features a GORE Windstopper panel on the chest. It's the perfect combination of the TGA, KNA, GORE relationship.

I started the run slowly and warmed up by mile two in Freedom Park. I looped around the Booty Loop a couple of times and called it a day. My hands and arms remained chilled but not uncomfortable. It's my hope that I will get accustomed to the cold soon because there is no way I could handle the Rhode Island winters from years ago. I better toughen up or this winter will be a long one.

No comments: