Friday, December 10, 2010

Taper?

Time: 38:38
Distance: ~5.3 miles

It's mini-taper time. Without looking, I believe this is the shortest I've run in quite some time. I ran on a loop that I did often this summer as a double and today it was nice to know I just had to move the legs. I shuffled through Freedom Park as efficiently as possible thinking about the race tomorrow. I tried to visualize as best as possible the important parts on the course and how I was going to feel.

I used the stick when I got home and did a little light stretching but nothing unusual. I'm going for the Thunder Road Marathon record tomorrow (2:24:20), but trying to view this as a long hard run. I want to manage the hurt in the rolling first half of the course and see if I can pick it up from there. I know having friends cheering out along the route will help boost the legs if the pace starts to slip.

No comments: