Friday, December 10, 2010

A Double? What!

Time: 39:04
Distance: ~5.3 miles

That's right I doubled the day before the race. Why? It's my routine to run twice most days. I got in the same run I did this morning and felt better about myself afterward. So there...

I spent today chilling at the race expo and had the opportunity to be on had for when Balega Sports presented Tim and Robin Rhodes with the Ubuntu Award. It was great seeing all the local runners at the convention center and chatting about time goals. Time for a little name dropping: Allen, Kevin, Leonard, Theoden arrived after a Fueling lunch; Jamaar and Christi are running their first marathon together; Kent is pacing the 3:00 group; Peter Ascuito and the Vac & Dash racing team are here and ready to go; Scott Helms is shooting for 1:54 in the half; Billy was nervous/excited; Emily, Mike, Aaron, Mark were all on hand at the CRC tent. I'm forgetting some others that I'm sure will come to me right after I post.

I should mention that I gave two corny responses to WBTV on the afternoon/early evening news. Jay Holder wasn't there, but he texted me that he would "be in my ear." I said that sounded kinky. It was a cool to see a little how the news factory operates live coverage. Jay just sent a guy with a camera, a mic and a couple lights. Next time I think Tim and I need a helicopter.

The run this evening was good and a little rushed in order to make it to dinner. The guys at Bull City Running invited Meagan, Jenna and I to dinner at a small Italian restaurant called Il Nido. It was tiny, like the size of a living room tiny. But, it was good and the casual conversation was awesome. Jason and George are both running club xc tomorrow and their might be a false start for $100.

No comments: