Saturday, December 25, 2010

Young One Runs

Time: 49:50
Distance: ~6 miles

My little half-bro who is 8 recently ran a 5k in just under 30 minutes. He's been wanting to run with Meagan and I ever since we got to Mason. Today his Christmas wish was granted and he got to show us his talent. It was pretty damn cold but he managed to run just over 15 minutes with the two of us. He didn't even wear gloves because everyone knows kids can't keep track of those things. I was most impressed with his form as he looked like will be a miler when he's older. He had a nice arm carry, high knee drive and smooth back kick. I'll call it now, Tyler Vinson, state track 1600m champ 2019 and a repeat in 2020.

After warming up with T-Bone, Meagan and I ran another 4 miles with Uncle Dave and his buddy Tim. We looped around a few neighborhoods that were clear of traffic and snow. When we got back to within a half mile of the house, I opted to call it a day. The achilles felt pretty good, but I didn't want to chance anything especially in the cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Neverminding the fact that your 8 year old brother can run faster than me, I really enjoyed this post. I wish ANYONE in my family enjoyed running...