Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day Off for Travel Back to the Q City

Time: none
Distance: none

There is nothing to report on the athletic front today. I didn't even think about going for a run after yesterday's 7 minute effort. I was content with the day off as I had a marathon day of driving. It was a long day of Mason --> Cincinnati --> Lexington --> Knoxville --> Asheville --> Charlotte. We hit major traffic twice and found ourselves completely stopped on the interstate. At one of these stoppages I did a U-turn and drove against traffic in order to find a median exit to the opposite side of the freeway. I then used the Garmin to find an alternate highway route and pass everyone. I never did find out why traffic was at a complete halt.

Another time the Garmin directed us to an old highway to get around a traffic jam. I had to drive 7 miles on a partly cleared two lane gravel road at 10 miles an hour. I was concerned about slipping on black ice and ending up in the creek down below. Fortunately for Meagan and I, the car handled the sinuous road like a champ and we passed all the traffic. Take that suckahs!

No comments: