Wednesday, December 22, 2010

DC Exploration

Time: 81:14
Distance: ~11.5 miles

This morning Meagan and I got out into a cold DC morning for some miles around the city. We both love running in the nation's capital because of all the monuments, bike paths and cool neighborhoods like Georgetown. The run started from Dave's and ran down Wisconsin to the bike path that leads into the mall. We ran by the Washington Monument, up the Mall, said hi to all schmucks on Capitol Hill and back the same way we came.

My achilles never felt good. I was trying to have a good time with the amazing surroundings but the lower right leg never felt right. I definitely shouldn't have gone 80+ minutes, but I thought things would have warmed up or my endorphins would have kicked in. This achilles business is not looking good and I'm going to have to monitor the situation a little more carefully.

I got home and immediately stretched, used the stick and iced. I may have even popped a couple Vitamin I's just for good measure.

No comments: