Thursday, December 16, 2010

Meagan Survived the Snow

Time: 61:00
Distance: ~8.6 miles

Meagan survived the snow and drive back from DC yesterday evening. She originally planned to leave a day earlier but was kept when DC got the flaky white stuff (not dandruff). Our run this morning was nice and relaxed. We caught up on our recent travels during a Medium Loop through Freedom Park and around the Booty Loop.

I wore the NB905s again. Around 40 minutes into the run I expressed how I thought my right achilles was bugging me. It wasn't a pain, but rather just a slight irritation. I wouldn't even call it an irritation at the time. I just noticed something was a little off. I had been noticing this sensation all week, but chalked it up to post marathon tightness. Not this time. I was pretty certain that whatever was going in my lower right leg was in part due to the shoe. At the time I wasn't concerned, but I told Meagan how the shoe just wasn't transitioning as smoothly as I would like. I was having a hard time at the final phase of my gait cycle, just as I went to toe off. This was simply the run that I started to think the shoe was a little off, but nothing more than that.

No comments: