Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Kids Waiting for the Bus

Time: 42:52
Distance: ~6 miles

I was out the door a little later this morning and this time I was solo. I didn't know it at the time but Golden Legs had beat me out of the hotel to start his run a few minutes earlier. Running solo while sore was fine by me as it allowed me to ease into the pace of the run gradually. I wandered aimlessly around a couple of Delaware neighborhoods and felt sorry for the kids who stood out in the cold waiting for the bus. I never had the pleasure of taking a school bus to school which means I missed out on being able to bully other kids for their lunch money. Isn't that what happens on school buses?

Just before I turned around I stumbled upon Gore's Barksdale facility which is more or less the welcoming center. It would also be where out meetings for the day would take place. The NB905s were on the feet again this morning and I didn't think much of them at the time. My legs, as to be expected, were sore from all the pounding during the marathon. Each day got gradually better in terms of walking and running.

No comments: