Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rain Train

Time: 55:33
Distance: 8.51 miles
Pace: 6:31
Map

It was another busy day on the road and a few more account visits. First up was Greensboro where I dropped in a handful of bike accounts. The girl who worked the floor in Cycles de Oro said she owned 3 Chrome bags herself. I was impressed with her knowledge of the brand. We were back on the road, but not before a stop to Off'n Running. It's one of my favorite accounts as I can talk about the local running in scene in great detail. I had a good chat with the manager Emily before finally heading to Winston-Salem.

The main purpose of the visit was to check up on things at Fleet Feet Winston-Salem. Keith and Emily Davis have a great little store near the Wake Forrest campus. They are doing well with Craft tri gear this spring. It was good catching up with Rich who is training to PR in the 5k and 10k this summer. It's a last ditch effort before resuming marathon efforts. Meagan and I made a good find in Mock Orange Bikes that is just up the road from the running store. I hope to get some sweet bags hanging in there soon.

The whole day was beautiful until about 5 minutes before getting home. It started sprinkling, then raining and finally thundering and lightning. I sat around on the computer catching up on some news before getting the determination to go for a run. It was wet from step one. I had soggy shoes by mile 3. The rain felt good however and I was able to put in the miles without any troubles. I spotted Jay Holder out for a drenched run along Queens but we were on opposite sides of the street and didn't make eye contact.

After a quick shower, Meagan and I were off to Tyler and Denise's for dinner.

No comments: