Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week in Review

Time: 522:00
Distance: 79.12 miles

I had to double check the miles when I added them up moments ago. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to crack 70 and I nearly hit 80 for the week. Skipping and shifting some runs around made me believe that I wasn't going to have the best of weeks. I guess I got in a good number of runs earlier in the week so that when Meagan and I spent time with family and friends it didn't cost the training too much.

My progression run at the beginning of the week was solid and I'm a little disappointed that I had to cut it short at 7 miles. However, I know that the heat is going to effect workouts during the next 6-8 weeks. The short, quick stuff is right in my wheelhouse, but the longer efforts are going to remain a struggle.

On the flight back home to Charlotte, I told Meagan that I was going to run 110 miles next week. We'll see if it happens. Scotty and Jerry have been out in New Mexico putting in tons of work and I can't let them show me up.

No comments: